Sunday, February 28, 2010

Goodbye

I have always disliked the word goodbye. It always makes me feel like you are never going to see that person again and the only way you wouldn't is if one of you didn't accept Jesus into your heart. So today I looked up the world goodbye and here are some answers I got.

  • It's from Old English meaning "God be with ye"
  • a farewell remark; "they said their good-byes"
  • It is a form of blessing as one leaves, and the opposite of "hello".
  • It's a form of ending for a conversation be it in person or on paper.
  • it's a way to say I will see you again sometime-Scott

Nothing that I always thought it meant. Interesting! It reminds me of how I use to view being a Christian. I always felt like I had to fix myself before I could get saved, but in reality accepting Jesus into my heart and into my life is what fixes me. I am still broken, but I know that God is working hard in my heart and hard in my life.

Today, Mike preached about fear. Fear controls our lives. Fear on if we are going to be able to make our bills, feed our kids, quitting my job to home school my daughter. I no longer have fear for quitting my job. I have faith that God will provide as he always has. With that being said I also know that we have to take the steps for me to be able to quit my job.

The ladies at Dove simply amaze me. Their faith and how strong they are. Much like my grandma... faith never shaken.

No comments: