Monday, April 4, 2011

Random thoughts for a rainy day

As we are coming into our last few months of homeschooling, it makes me sad. From the time Julie was 4 weeks old I have either worked two jobs, worked, did my intern, and went to school school, or been at CNS where I work 80 hours a  week. The chance to be able to home school is the first chance I have ever gotten to really be there for everything. I am most grateful for my company allowing and trusting in me to work from home and be a mother/teacher. This summer I will start back full time in the office until school starts again. I am sure going to miss all the extra time I got with Julie; but blessed with the time I did get and look forward to the time I will get.
I have looked back at the past year and so many things have happened. We said our final goodbye to the first Church that ever really felt like home. I truly miss each and every person, for so long they were our family. I never understood why God closed the door to the Church. For others it might be different but for me it felt like the last chapter of saying goodbye. Scott and I were lead to leave long before it closed, but we always came back. So maybe for us it was God's way of pushing us to move forward with what he has next.

We are also pushing forward with our Insurance office and after a very long road finishing up the last details to get the P&C side started! I am looking forward to seeing how God will move our business.

And then we welcomed my first nephew into this world! I have never realized how much fun it was to be an Aunt. I cherish every second I get to spend with Celia, Abby and Monkey (David). I absolutely adore them!

This year was the first time Scott and I got to take a weekend away. It was the most amazing time and truly helped us reconnect as a couple and not just parents.

There are so many cool things starting up over the next few months and I couldn't feel more blessed. And with out a doubt I know that with out God in our life's we would never have survived the past 8 years let a lone the past year.

I look back and had I not turned to God when we left our Church or anything that happened before we left; how would it have turned out. Would we have continued to look at all? Would we have been able to stand together as a family the way we did? Would we have walked away with out any newly made friends? Would we be here today? How would things have turned out if I didn't trust in God to provide when I walked into my bosses office and put my notice in? Would we be homeless? Would I have still been able to home school Julie? Would it have torn our family apart that I wasn't working? And what if we hadn't had faith in God that Monkey would be born healthy as can be? His cord was wrapped around his neck, we had every reason to just give up and be angry.  The truth is, it doesn't matter because we have faced a lot of dark days and with out a doubt there will be more, but we know and trust that God will be there. He will take us by the hand and hold on tight. 

No comments: